This is similar to the recipe that my mother made when I was young. It is easy although the actual prep time seems long, it actually takes little time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel cucumbers and slice thin.
- 2Layer in shallow dish, sprinkling each layer with salt.
- 3Let stand overnight.
- 4In the morning, drain cucumbers and rinse.
- 5Let dry on paper towels.
- 6Slice onions thin.
- 7Mix gently with cucumber slices.
- 8Beat together the mayonnaise or salad dressing, sugar and vinegar until creamy.
- 9Stir into mixed cucumbers and onions.
- 10(The dressing should be plentiful so the salad is creamy. Increase amounts of dressing ingredients, proportionally, if needed).
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumbers and Onions
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 87.2
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 1.9 mg
- Sodium 56.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g