Recipe by diner524
Another recipe I found on-line while searching for South Africa recipes to post for ZWT.
Top Review by averybird
Summer is here! What a great garden recipe. Very simple to make and it tastes great too. I used honey in place of sugar and cut the red pepper flakes in half. Will be making again. Thanks, diner524!
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper (fresh ground if available)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- For the dressing: Dissolve sugar in hot water then blend with the vinegar, salt, and peppers. .
- Arrange in alternate layers: 2 medium CUCUMBERS, scored with a fork, not peeled but sliced very thinly and 2 medium ZUCCHINI, raw, same size as cucumbers, prepared the same way.
- Drain any water formed from cucumbers before adding the dressing.
- Allow vegetables to marinate in the dressing at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve with meat, fish, or poultry.