Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Typical Salad from the Ivory Coast!For a pretty presentation scored cucumber and zucchini with a fork, not peeled. Onions are nice placed in between the layers.
- 2 cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 78.07 ml vinegar
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml salt
- 4.92 ml coarse black pepper, fresh cracked
- 0.25 ml red pepper flakes
- Arrange in alternate layers cucumber, zucchini & onions.
- Mix VINEGAR and SUGAR dissolved in 1/2 cup HOT WATER add SALT, PEPPER, & CRUSHED RED PEPPER.Add a couple ice cubes to chill.
- Drain any water formed from cucumbers before adding the dressing.
- Allow vegetables to marinate in the dressing at least 1 hour before serving.
Used a mix of red wine vinegar and apple cider vinegar. Yum.
Very tasty, vinegar gives it a nice kick while the sugar balances it all out. Delicious, I wouldn't change a thing!
Just excellent, fresh and delicious! I made this this today but only used zucchini and onion (my cucumbers had expired). I used 3 medium zucchini and doubled the sauce but only used 1/2 cup of water. I really like it!!!