Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
eat with pita or a fork :)
- 473.18 ml yogurt (can be nonfat or lowfat)
- 2 whole English seedless cucumbers
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 78.07 ml of fresh mint
- 78.07 ml flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 29.58 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 0.25 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml za'atar spice mix
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- Peel the cucumbers, cut each one in half lengthwise, and cut into 1/4 inch dice. Crush the garlic and and salt together to a paste. Stir the yogurt into the garlic paste.Add lemon juice and the cucumbers, pepper, mint, and parsley. Toss to mix. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Just before serving drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle the amount of Za'atar you like on top and the paprika.
- Tear off pieces of the pita bread and use them to scoop up salad.
This is very good. I used only red bell peppers and Za'atar. Like another reviewer I also used Balkan (thick) yogurt. We ate this with corn free rice crackers to be gluten free. Made for Ramadan Tag 2010.
I did not have a clue what this was when I tagged it, but since I like to try new things and the ingredients sounded tasty -- I gave it a try. Boy-oh-boy am I glad I did! This was so good! I ate scooped up onto pieces of pita as almost a dip since we enjoyed it before dinner! Thanks for posting, destined to make many more appearances in our house!!! [Made for Newest Zaar Tag]
I made this using greek yogurt. I also doubled the amount of za'atar. Made for Ramadan Tag 09