Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
It seems like every one has their way of making this. But in my humble opinion this is the best tasting yogurt salad out there. Serve with warm pita, or along side some flavourful rice Enjoy!
- 2 cups yogurt (balkan or greek, make sure it's plain, yogurt should have only two ingredients, milk and bactierial )
- 1 English cucumber, grated (on the "large" side of the grater)
- 4 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup raisins (which ever kind your family likes, i like the tompson raisins so that what i use)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, toasted
- Mix all ingredients together except walnuts.
- Pour into serving dish/bowl.
- Chill in fridge until needed.
- Sprinkle warm and toasted walnuts on top when ready to serve.