Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from Dannon Yogurt.This recipe needs to be chilled 2 hrs.
- 2 cups dannon plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and grated (about 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons fine minced red onions
- 4 teaspoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, onion, mint and cumin.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- spoon the yogurt mixture into a strainer lined with coffee filter.
- Place a bowl under the strainer to catch the liquid (whey) that drains off.
- Cover and refrigerate 12 hours,
- discard liquid.
This was great! Made some roasted chicken, shredded the meat, spooned this sauce and some shredded lettuce with cut up tomatoes, rolled it on tortillas, Presto! Instant gyros!