Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is for the World Tour. This is from Greek Cuisine.
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mint leaf
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Wash and dry the cucumber and cut it into very thin crosswise slices. Place the slices in a salad bowl, sprinkle with feta cheese and mint.
- In a small whisk the oil and lemon juice with the salt and pepper to make a vinaigrette made with lemon juice. Pour over the salad and toss thoroughly. Serve immediately.
My father in law and I both really liked this, my kids (2 & 5) both ate it up no problem, my husband wasn't a fan.... ignore him, this is great! As long as you like mint.
The flavor of this was good, but was far too oily for such a fresh dish. Next time I would half the dressing and/or add it to a couple good handfuls of spring greens for a more traditional salad.
This was a very refreshing dish, but I had to take out some of the oil-lemon dressing. It was a bit much. And I actually ended up using three cucumbers instead of just one.