Recipe by dandelionleaf
The unique flavour of shiso leaves make this an unforgettable and refreshing salad.
- 1 cup seedless watermelon, peeled and diced
- 1 cup English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry, sliced
- 12 shiso leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup feta, crumbled (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and dice cucumber and watermelon into 2 cm cubes, and place in a bowl with strawberry slices.
- Chiffonade shiso leaves (purple or green are fine) and add to bowl.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, maple syrup, salt and pepper. Add vinaigrette to salad and toss gently.
- Serve immediately, either as is, or with optional feta sprinkled on top.