Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from the "Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa", in Sonoma,California. I always make this with bottled water, or filtered water. It's great if you have company over. A better option than just handing them a regular bottle of water. Put into a "Beverage Dispenser Jug" with a Spout, so your guests can refill their cups as needed.
- 1 cucumber, sliced and unpeeled (use 6-7 slices for decoration)
- 1 1⁄2-2 liters water
- 3 mint sprigs
- 2 mint sprigs, for decoration
- 1⁄2 lemon, sliced and unpeeled
- ice cube
- In a pitcher, mix the water, cucumber, 3 mint sprigs and lemon. Let it rest on the fridge for 24 hours. If you prepare the water at the last minute, cut the first cucumber in three or four pieces. Then, squeeze the cucumber pieces to release all the juice.
- Before serving remove the cucumber slices used to flavor the water. Then stir with a wooden spoon, add some ice cubes, 6 or 7 fresh cucumber slices and the remaining 2 mint sprigs. Enjoy this refreshing drink.
Very refreshing and healthy. I did not add the mint for personal preferences. Made for PAC Spring 2014.