Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe posted by request. Original from "The Rodale Food Center". Makes a great dressing base.
- Wash, slice but do not peel the cucumbers.
- Place in a clean crock, stainless or enamel pot.
- Add the peppercorns and sliced cukes in layers.
- Bring the vinegar to a boil.
- Pour over the cukes.
- Cover and steep for 3 weeks in a cool place.
- Strain through clean cheesecloth into another sterile container.
- Let stand 6 hours to settle.
- Ladle off the clear vinegar into sterile containers.