Recipe by hannahactually
This delicious, summery salad recipe was printed in USA Weekend. It would be perfect with a spicy Indian dish or, perhaps, a grilled meat. Enjoy!
- 1 large seedless English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved and salted
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, cut into slivers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss cucumber slices with salt in a colander; let stand in the sink or over a bowl until juice has drained, 30-45 minutes.
- Pat cucumbers dry with paper towels and turn into a large bowl.
- Add remaining vegetables, cilantro, and oil; toss to coat.
- Add vinegar and pepper; toss again.
- (This salad can be covered and refrigerated several hours.).