This delicious, summery salad recipe was printed in USA Weekend. It would be perfect with a spicy Indian dish or, perhaps, a grilled meat. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large seedless English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into thin rounds
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved and salted
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into slivers
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Toss cucumber slices with salt in a colander; let stand in the sink or over a bowl until juice has drained, 30-45 minutes.
- 2Pat cucumbers dry with paper towels and turn into a large bowl.
- 3Add remaining vegetables, cilantro, and oil; toss to coat.
- 4Add vinegar and pepper; toss again.
- 5(This salad can be covered and refrigerated several hours.).
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber Vegetable Salad With Cilantro & Red Onion
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.0
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 164.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar