Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
Recipe source: local newspaper
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved and salted
- 1⁄2 red onion, cut into slivers
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- black pepper
- Place cucumber slices in a colander, add salt, toss. Let stand over a bowl until juice has drained (30-45 minutes). Pat cucumbers dry and put in large salad bowl.
- Add remaining vegetables along with the cilantro and oil. Toss.
- Add vinegar and pepper. Toss.
I took this to a party. There was none left in the bowl after the party. Everybody liked it. It is really colorful. I used parsley instead of cilantro.
Very nice salad. Made half the recipe. I sliced the carrots very thin but still enough to give a crunch. Also I discarded the seeds of the cucumber and cut it into half moons. This is certainly a salad I will make again. Thanks for posting. Made for India -- More Than Just Curries Tag Game -- March 2010.
Can't believe I have never rated this salad. Love it, make it to go along with curries and other Indian food. Delicious complement to those types of dishes. Will continue to make again.