Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is nice for a change on a hot summer day. Easy to make, I made this ahead and just put into the fridge until we were ready to eat. This came from Taste of Home magazine.
- 3 medium cucumbers
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, flaked
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise or 1⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds.
- Cut a thin slice from bottom if necessary so they sit flat.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into the cucumbers.
- Serve immediately.
Had tonight on a hot summer day. The tuna (actually I made it with salmon this time, but I'm sure tuna will taste very similar) salad itself was very nice, my husband really enjoyed it. It was nice on the cucumber too. I wasn't sure how easy it would be too eat, but it fits pretty well in your hand. Might try sometime as a sandwich and put cucumber slices on it.
Wonderful and refreshing. A great, light way to have tuna without bread or pasta. The salad mixture was quite good on it's own, and to have the cucumber base made it simply divine. Thanks for posting!
nice for a hot summer day....I don't eat tuna myself but my hubby , son and his gfriend thought they were awesome....will make again.....would be great for camping too....nice and fast ! thanks