Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Refreshing and delicious- and a 48% calorie reduction from the traditional recipe! Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar (or distilled white vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons , splenda
- 3 cups unpeeled 1/4-inch thick sliced cucumbers, quartered (about 2 medium cucumbers)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes (about 1 large)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion (approximately half of 1 large)
- salt & pepper
- In a medium serving bowl, combine the vinegar and Splenda.
- Add the cucumbers, tomato, and onion.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
This is one of my favorite salads. I use Italian salad dressing instead of the vinegar, preferably one without msg (and never ever use Splenda), and throw in some crumbled Feta cheese. Delicious!