Recipe by Mrs. Hughes
A popular summer dish.
Top Review by Rita~
Refreshingly great! In the middle of a heat wave and this fits the bill. Made with home grown tomatoes, cukes, basil. I also used home grown garlic chives in place of the green onion. Skipped the salt. Used home made poppy seed dressing adding the basil and vinegar. Thanks!
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped, or, 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a serving bowl, layer half of the tomatoes, all of the cucumber, then remaining tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with onion.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well.
- Pour over salad.
- Cover and chill for 25 to 30 minutes or until ready to serve.