Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a little different from the other salads of this kind that have been posted as it uses rice vinegar. We really enjoy this light salad, espeically during the summertime. This also fits into South Beach Phase 1 and I believe even the Adkins/low carb diets as well.
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Equal sugar substitute or 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 3 cups cucumbers, sliced (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped (about 1 large)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- Combine vinegar and sugar.
- Add cucumbers, tomatos and onions.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, mix well.
- Refrigerate, covered at least 30 minutes before serving.
I was not a huge fan of this. I am wondering if there is a typo with the Splenda. 3 Tablespoons was WAY too much! Maybe teaspoons. I taste-tested it while I was putting all that Splenda in there, in when I got to 1 1/2 tablespoons, I quit. I think with less sugar substiute and maybe a splash of balsamic it would be not as sweet.
so yummy even my toddlers ate it...I also put less splenda
We really enjoyed this combination with the lovely light dressing. I used walla walla onions because they are ready in the garden. The cukes are small English cucumbers also from the garden. I let the salad rest for just over an hour befor serving it. Very tasty - will make again