Recipe by camaerogirl
This is a great summertime salad! Its very simple and quick to make and cheap too! I recommend making it the night before you eat it to let it "ferment" and soak up the flavors...
- 5 plum tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix
- water, needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tomatoes into wedges.
- Cut cucumber into slices and then cut circle shaped slices into fourths. I personally like to use one of those crinkle cutters because the dressing soaks up in them better.
- Cut up the bell peppers into strips. I usually buy the yellow or orange peppers because they add color to the salad.
- Follow directions from the box of Good Seasons salad dressing. I usually use 1 1/2 pks of the seasoning mix to make it stronger. This is usually sold as a kit that comes with a cruet. This can be substituted with any other italian dressing, but I personally got most compliments with the Good Seasons --
- Pour dressing into container of veggies and cover with top. I usually like to turn the container upside down while I'm cleaning up so the dressing has alittle time to soak into the veggies better.
- Put into fridge and let it chill overnight. For presentation reasons, mix up veggies to distribute colors.