Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is handed down to me from my mom. This salad always reminds me of home, and summer.
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, chopped (Vidalias are best)
- 1⁄2 cup prepared Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Mix all the vegetables together, then coat with the salad dressing.
- Lightly stir in the sugar.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours (but overnight is best).
I made this for lunch and it was gone in a flash!! We loved it. I left out the sugar and only used 1 cucumber and 1 tomato. Will be making this easy dish again! Made for PAC Spring 2012.
Thanks for a simple but tasty salad recipe, I also added a little chopped fresh parsley to mine which was nice, will definitely make again.
Simple and good! I left out the sugar (personal preference). I used Wishbone Robusto Italian dressing. Next time I may use green onions instead as well. Thanks for sharing such a simple recipe.