Recipe by MissJennifer
This was one of the staples in my family growing up. I believe it was passed down from my Grandma. Simple to make with cucumber, tomato, mayo & salt. Tastes great, goes well with chicken dishes and hamburger!
Top Review by Hag chef
Love it! I add fresh ground black pepper, and to cut some of the fat down a bit, try using 1/2 Tbsp each of mayo and plain yogurt, instead of just mayo. I also add just a splash of vinegar.
- 1 cucumber (I love English cukes)
- 1 tomatoes (Romas are great and so are tomatoes on the vine)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and slice cucumber. (I like to take the skin off.).
- Wash and slice tomato how you like it (I like them diced).
- Put veggies in a bowl; add mayo and salt. (Please note that I estimated the mayo, you'll want to add more or less to taste. Sometimes I even do a healthier version and not even add the mayo!).
- Enjoy! (I now usually add onion to this, it gives it more flavor!).