Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
My family loves this salad! --- remember to use both mayo and salad dressing combined, the two dressings combined seem to spark up the taste, plan ahead this needs to be refrigerated overnight to blend the flavors.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked to eldente, drained and rinsed well
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped with liquid included
- 1 small onion, chopped (more to suit taste)
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 -3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled cooled, and chopped (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (Hellman's is best)
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons celery salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt, to taste
- black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine ALL ingredients; toss to coat (adding more mayo and/or salad dressing to taste).
- Cover; refrigerate overnight to blend flavors.
- Stir before serving.
- Note: If you don't want to include the cooked hard-boiled eggs in the salad, I sometimes cook up 6-7 (or how many you desire), and just cut them into four pieces, and just lay them on top evenly around a large bowl with the pasta salad, so people have the option of having them or not-- and it makes for a nice presentaion-- if you are adding them into the salad, then 2-3 chopped should be enough.
Definately the best macaroni salad that I've ever made. I love the tomato and cucumber mixed in! Next time I'd like to throw in some olives and maybe some chickpeas. I like useing both the hellmans and the salad dressing. However next time I would use 1/2 to 1/2 as I thought it could use slightly more tang (just my preference since I do prefer miracle whip) My onions always ruin my Macaroni salad so this time I used green onions. Those mixed with the seasoning combo in this recipe worked great! I also through in some fresh chopped celery for crunch. Thanks Kitten! I made some changes but recipe saved my butt at my Boyfriend's familyu picnic!
This was a very refreshing salad. The only thing I didn't add was green peppers and that was because I didn't have any. Thanks for the great salad.
A tasty way to use some of those fresh-from-the-garden cucs! I didn't include the egg & used red onion; since I was out of Miracle Whip salad dressing, I used Miracle Whip Mustard Mania & skipped the prepared mustard. It may have been a little more yellow but I don't think the flavour was affected. I'll probably leave the cuc skins on next time for visual appeal. Thanx Carol!