Recipe by carole in orlando
This is a great summer salad with healthy fiber. You can adjust the seasoning to your taste. This is a combination of recipes I gathered from Allrecipes site.The cook time is the chilling time. Enjoy!
Top Review by 932ninja
Really good!!! I just mixed it and it is chilling, but right out of the starting gate is was great! I used fresh dill and basil and omitted the olives. Thanks so much for sharing!!!!
- 3⁄4 cup canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped in large pieces
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1⁄2 large English cucumbers or 1 regular cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I used Lennie's #39780)
- 12 pitted kalamata olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop and slice veggies, using yellow or red bell peppers for color.
- Mix all ingredients together with the mayonnaise.
- Allow to chill and flavors to blend.
- The tomatoes make this a little juicy so use a slotted spoon when serving.
- Use whatever combination of spices you like.