Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My hubby introduced me to this interesting sandwich. I thought it was strange until I tried it!!! I recommend using the butter, but if you prefer not to please don't use margarine; you can use mayonnaise instead. This also works great for finger sandwiches!
- 1⁄4 cucumber, sliced thin, enough to cover the surface of your bread
- 4 -5 slices tomatoes, enough to cover the surface of your bread
- 5 -6 slices sharp cheddar cheese, sliced thick, enough to cover the surface of your bread
- unsalted butter, softened, to taste (can use mayo if you dont want to use butter)
- 2 slices rustic Italian bread
- 1 pinch salt
- Lay out your two slices of bread.
- Spread a thin layer of butter on one side of both pieces of bread.
- Take your cucumber slices and put a single layer of them on one piece of bread.
- Top the cucumber with tomato slices.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the veggies.
- Place a layer of cheese on top.
- Place other slice of bread on top to make a sandwich.
- Cut your sandwich in half, if desired, and serve!
Sorry I have to say this, but my husband and I did not care for this sandwich. Guess we just prefer regular tomato sandwiches w/o the cheese and cucumbers.
Good sandwich. I've had cucumber sandwiches and tomato sandwiches, never would have thought to combine the two. Used an olive bread, which I think may have been too strong a flavour. Think I might try it toasted next time.
This was awesome! My kids asked for seconds! I used homemade white bread, and the butter. I think this would also be good with toast and miracle whip. Thanks for such an easy healthy lunch!