1/4 Photos of Cucumber, Tomato and Cheddar Sandwich
My hubby introduced me to this interesting sandwich. I thought it was strange until I tried it!!! I recommend using the butter, but if you prefer not to please don't use margarine; you can use mayonnaise instead. This also works great for finger sandwiches!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cucumber, sliced thin, enough to cover the surface of your bread
- 4 -5 slices tomatoes, enough to cover the surface of your bread
- 5 -6 slices sharp cheddar cheese, sliced thick, enough to cover the surface of your bread
- unsalted butter, softened, to taste (can use mayo if you dont want to use butter)
- 2 slices rustic Italian bread
- 1 pinch salt
- 1Lay out your two slices of bread.
- 2Spread a thin layer of butter on one side of both pieces of bread.
- 3Take your cucumber slices and put a single layer of them on one piece of bread.
- 4Top the cucumber with tomato slices.
- 5Sprinkle a pinch of salt over the veggies.
- 6Place a layer of cheese on top.
- 7Place other slice of bread on top to make a sandwich.
- 8Cut your sandwich in half, if desired, and serve!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber, Tomato and Cheddar Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.2
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 29.9 g
- Cholesterol 147.0 mg
- Sodium 1263.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 39.5 g