Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a Thai recipe I find it easy to do and very tasty.
- 1 cucumber, as long as possible
- 1 spring onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 small red chile, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces lean beef or 6 ounces chicken
- coriander leaves (to garnish)
- Preheat the grill/broiler.
- Cut the cucumber into 1-inch sections, making alternate straight and zig zag cuts.
- Using sharp edged spoon, scoop out the centre of each piece of cucumber.
- Grill/broil the steak medium rare.
- Chop into fine pieces.
- Mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Spoon into the cucumber cups and garnish with coriander leaves.
Simple enough, easy to do, VERY quick when you don't know what to cook too! GREAT for entertaining...winter through summer, TRUE! Thanks for the recipe...hope you try it too!