- 1 cucumber, as long as possible
- 1 spring onion, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 small red chile, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces lean beef or 6 ounces chicken
- coriander leaves (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill/broiler.
- Cut the cucumber into 1-inch sections, making alternate straight and zig zag cuts.
- Using sharp edged spoon, scoop out the centre of each piece of cucumber.
- Grill/broil the steak medium rare.
- Chop into fine pieces.
- Mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Spoon into the cucumber cups and garnish with coriander leaves.