Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love olives but never could find much use for cukes, til now. . .
- kosher salt
- 1⁄2 lb string bean
- 2 cucumbers (1 1/4 pounds)
- 1⁄4 lb oil-cured black olive, pitted, torn in half
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- bowl ice water (for greenbeans)
- Boil string beans in salted water 3-4 minutes or until just tender.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Cool in bowl of ice water.
- Drain, and cut in half lengthwise.
- Peel cucumbers, cut in half and remove seeds.
- Cut into ½-inch-thick slices on the diagonal.
- Combine cucumbers, string beans, olives, and parsley leaves in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together mustard, red-wine vinegar, and salt and pepper.
- Slowly add olive oil, whisking constantly until well combined.
- Toss everything together before serving.