Prep 45 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From the Costco cookbook.
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce
- 10 (8 1/2 inch) rice paper, rounds
- 2 cucumbers, unpeeled, cut into 4 inch matchsticks
- 3 carrots, cut into 4 inch matchsticks
- 2 red peppers, cut into 4 inch matchsticks
- fresh cilantro leaves
- fresh chives, blanched
- To make the dipping sauce, combine vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and chili-garlic sauce in a small bowl. Cover and chill.
- Quickly dip rice papers in a shallow dish of warm water one at a time, letting excess water drain off. Place in a single layer between damp tea towels, let stand for ten minutes.
- For each spring roll, place 8 cucumber, 4 carrot and 4 red pepper sticks on the bottom third of rice paper, 1 inch from edge. Roll up rice paper tightly just far enough to enclose filling. Top with cilantro leaves, then fold two sides of rice paper over cilantro and continue rolling up.
- Cut rolls in half diagonally. Tie each piece with chives. Cover and chill rolls for up to four hours before serving. Serve with dipping sauce.