Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (8 oz each)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 -3 drops liquid red pepper seasoning
- 1 medium-size cucumber
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 -4 drops green food coloring
- Remove half of skin from cucumber and chop finely.
- Drain in colander to remove liquid.
- Chop onion.
- Soften cream cheese in microwave for 20 seconds.
- Beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until creamy, then beat in liquid red pepper and food coloring.
- Mix in cucumber and onion.
- Chill and serve on bread or crackers.
Yum! Our garden produced alot of cukes this year, so I was looking for different ways to serve them and this was a winner! I modified it a little (i took all the peeling off because it makes us burp, i let the cream cheese soften on the counter, and i used green onion instead of regular. Oh, and i omitted the food coloring. I guess I changed it alot.) but I think it would be hard to ruin, it's just that good. It kind of reminded us of the Tzaziki (sp?) you put on gyros. Anyway, it was delicious. Another great recipe from Dancer!