Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A nice, cool spring and summer spread. Great for teas and lazy afternoons.
Make and share this Cucumber Spread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large cucumber, peeled,cored,and seeded (about 1 1/2 cups grated)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream or 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced reconsitituted sun-dried tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel, core, and seed the cucumber, then grate.
- Sprinkle cucumber with salt in a colander and toss (this allows the cucumber to"sweat" out excess water); let stand for 30 minutes, stirring once or twice, then remove and gently squeeze liquid from cucumber.
- Mix grated cucumber with remaining ingredients and chill for a least an hour before serving.
- Serve with crackers or bread.
This was delicious! I didn't add the tomatoes as my husband doesn't like them and I forgot to add the lime juice - but it was great - very light tasting. Thought it would be good with shrimp or crab added to it.