Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe comes from a wonderful book called "Soups" by Rena Franklin who used to have a restaurant in Israel.
- 1 onions or 8 scallions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced unpeeled small cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 cup diced potato
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cream (optional)
- Soften the onions in the olive oil then add all ingredients and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Blender the soup.
- Return the soup to serving temperature and add the cream.
- Garnish with chopped scallions.
A very delicate soup, but really delicious!! I followed recipe exactly.
I can't wait to make this! Rena Franklin"s restaurant, Marena's, was one of my favorites ever! Oh how I miss that place - Thrilled to stumble upon this recipe!
I added chicken chunks and diced cucumber before adding cream and it taste awesome.