This is a great warm weather soup! From Food TV, courtesy Sara's Secrets!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 English cucumbers, peeled and sliced (3 1/2 pound total)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 -3 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ripe california avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 (8 ounce) container plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon wasabi (or 1 1/2 teaspoons wasabi powder mixed with 1/2 teaspoon water)
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- freshly ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
- finely chopped fresh chives
- 1Puree cucumbers with water, vinegar, and 2 teaspoons kosher salt in batches in a blender until smooth.
- 2Mash together avocado, lime juice, and remaining teaspoon kosher salt until smooth.
- 3Whisk in yogurt, wasabi paste, chives, and pepper, to taste.
- 4Just before serving, blend soup with ice in batches until smooth.
- 5Serve topped with avocado cream.
- 7Note: Soup (before blending with ice) and avocado cream may be made 1 day ahead and kept, separately, chilled and covered.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber Soup with Wasabi-Avocado Cream
Serving Size: 1 (312 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.2
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 5.3 mg
- Sodium 897.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice wine vinegar