Recipe by CoffeeMommy
I never would have believed it, until someone made me eat some: cucumber soup can be served warm and is really yummy! It's easy, quick, inexpensive, low fat, and really tasty - just perfect comfort food for the colder months! This is a traditional Belgian recipe. Even my kids loved this and said it tasted like broccoli and cheese soup - but better (I agree!). It has a very mild taste and the cucumber is not overwhelming. Some black pepper really brings out the best in this recipe.
- 3 unpeeled and washed English cucumbers
- 3 big onions
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 200 ml whole milk
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sautee coarsly chopped onions in some butter/oil.
- Coarsely cut the cucumbers (do not peel!) and add to the onions.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 2 liters of water and the stock cubes.
- Cook together until the cucumbers are soft.
- Blend together until smooth.
- Add 200ml of milk.
- For an extra touch add some parsley just before serving.