I never would have believed it, until someone made me eat some: cucumber soup can be served warm and is really yummy! It's easy, quick, inexpensive, low fat, and really tasty - just perfect comfort food for the colder months! This is a traditional Belgian recipe. Even my kids loved this and said it tasted like broccoli and cheese soup - but better (I agree!). It has a very mild taste and the cucumber is not overwhelming. Some black pepper really brings out the best in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sautee coarsly chopped onions in some butter/oil.
- 2Coarsely cut the cucumbers (do not peel!) and add to the onions.
- 3Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Add 2 liters of water and the stock cubes.
- 5Cook together until the cucumbers are soft.
- 6Blend together until smooth.
- 7Add 200ml of milk.
- 8For an extra touch add some parsley just before serving.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber Soup (Warm)
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.5
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 404.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 3.0 g