Chef Dudo's Note:
As promised on the Scandinavian forum I am going to post some recipes I have in old Swedish cookbooks. This comes from "Husmoderns Nya Kokbok" (The Housewife's New Cookbook) and was published in 1947. The measurements are sometimes hard to translate and they hardly ever give the cookingtime. All of that is estimated. It's also written in old-fashioned Swedish. Fun to browse through!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute the onion in the butter/margarine.
- 2Add potatoes and water/vegetable broth.
- 3Cook until the potatoes crumbles.
- 4Add cucumber and tomatoes and cook another 5 minutes.
- 5Add the cream and salt, pepper and parsley to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber Soup ( Soppa På Gurka)
Serving Size: 1 (536 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.8
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 42.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 3.8 g