Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
As promised on the Scandinavian forum I am going to post some recipes I have in old Swedish cookbooks. This comes from "Husmoderns Nya Kokbok" (The Housewife's New Cookbook) and was published in 1947. The measurements are sometimes hard to translate and they hardly ever give the cookingtime. All of that is estimated. It's also written in old-fashioned Swedish. Fun to browse through!
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 cups water or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tomatoes, diced in small cubes
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced in small cubes
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Saute the onion in the butter/margarine.
- Add potatoes and water/vegetable broth.
- Cook until the potatoes crumbles.
- Add cucumber and tomatoes and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and salt, pepper and parsley to taste.
If you don't like this there's something wrong with you. I used half & half instead of creama nd it was still great!