- 3 cups cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion, including 2-inch green stems
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh dill weed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cucumber, scallions and butter in a saucepan.
- Cover with a circle of wax paper cut to fit the inside of the pan exactly. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Discard the paper and add the flour.
- Stir in the chicken broth and lemon juice. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salt if necessary.
- Puree the soup and chill in the refrigerator for four hours or overnight.
- Garnish with sour cream and dill weed.