Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delightful, light, and refreshing cool summer soup.
- 3 cups cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped scallion (including 2-inch green stems)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Place the cucumber, scallions and butter in a saucepan.
- Cover with a circle of wax paper cut to fit the inside of the pan exactly.
- Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Discard the paper and add the flour.
- Stir in the chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salt if necessary.
- Puree the soup in the blender or hand help emmersion blender and chill in the refrigerator for four hours.
- Garnish each bowl with sour cream and dill weed.
- *Adding a bit of green food coloring makes this cool summer soup a tad bit prettier but it's certainly not a must.