Recipe by 12345678980123455677889
A beautiful appetizer -- These will impress everyone! Note: Rolls can be assembled (but not cut into pieces) a few hours ahead and chilled, covered with plastic wrap.
Top Review by Demandy
Tasted great but was difficult to assemble and looked horrible.. The cream cheese mixture squirted out and the salmon wouldn't stay around the cucumber. I had to reconfigure in order to bring it to the party by completely re-assembling on top of bagel chips.
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons horseradish, drained
- 1 lb smoked salmon, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter cucumber lengthwise, cutting off and discarding rounded ends. Pat cucumber dry.
- Stir together cream cheese, chives, horseradish, salt, and pepper to taste until combined well.
- Arrange enough salmon to completely wrap 1 cucumber quarter in 1 layer on a sheet of plastic wrap, then spread with a thin layer of cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap coated salmon around cucumber quarter to cover completely, pressing gently to help it adhere.
- Repeat with remaining cucumber quarters. Cut rolls crosswise into 3/4-inch pieces.