Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A beautiful appetizer -- These will impress everyone! Note: Rolls can be assembled (but not cut into pieces) a few hours ahead and chilled, covered with plastic wrap.
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons horseradish, drained
- 1 lb smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- Quarter cucumber lengthwise, cutting off and discarding rounded ends. Pat cucumber dry.
- Stir together cream cheese, chives, horseradish, salt, and pepper to taste until combined well.
- Arrange enough salmon to completely wrap 1 cucumber quarter in 1 layer on a sheet of plastic wrap, then spread with a thin layer of cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap coated salmon around cucumber quarter to cover completely, pressing gently to help it adhere.
- Repeat with remaining cucumber quarters. Cut rolls crosswise into 3/4-inch pieces.
Tasted great but was difficult to assemble and looked horrible.. The cream cheese mixture squirted out and the salmon wouldn't stay around the cucumber. I had to reconfigure in order to bring it to the party by completely re-assembling on top of bagel chips.