Recipe by Chef Carol Kay
A simple elegant appetizer , written as is from my local paper. I plan to use this soon and did not want to forget about it or lose it, so it is being posted for safe keeping.
Top Review by Calee
Very easy appetizer! I made up the avocado, sour cream mixture in the morning and it was an easy assembly in the evening. Love the combination of ingredients they blend well. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 -3 ounces of thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 ripe avocado, peeled pitted and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions, including green stems
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 18 rounds from cucumber (about 1/4 inch thick) and save any leftover for another use. Top each round with a thin slice of salmon cut to fit. Drizzle a little lemon juice over the salmon, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place avocado, sour cream, 1 teaspoon pf lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper in a food processor and process until smooth and blended.
- Garnish each cucumber slice with a dollop of avocado cream and sprinkle with green onions.