This is one of the simplest make ahead appetizers so easy to make, you can add any filling of your choice to top the cucumber slices, the salmon mousse is very tasty and elegant.
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 shallot, chopped finely
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh dill, chopped
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, shredded and minced
- English cucumber
- kosher salt, for the cucumber rounds
- garnish with dill weed or diced red peppers or tomato
- Score the cucumber skins lengthwise with the tines of a fork; slice them cross-wise 1/2-inch thick, scoop out a small amount making a hole in the centers with a melon baller; sprinkle the cucumber rounds with a small amount of salt; set aside.
- In a mini processor or mixer combine the whipping cream and cream cheese, add the lime juice, shallot, dill, salt and pepper to taste. Fold in the smoked salmon.
- Just before serving place a mound of mousse in each cucumber round, garnish with dill weed and serve.