Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Cool and refreshing on a hot summer day. Not too hard on the calories either. This is a nice side dish for salmon. Cook time listed is refrigeration time.
- 1 large English cucumber
- 7.39 ml salt
- 14.79 ml chives, chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh dill, chopped
- 59.14 ml plain low-fat yogurt
- Cut the cucumbers in quarters lengthwise, remove and discard the seeds.
- Coarsely grate the cucumber and place it in a bowl add the salt and stir well.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours then drain and rinse in a sieve, pressing to remove excess moisture.
- Mix the chives, dill and yogurt well and add to the cucumbers, stir to mix.
Delicious and refreshing!
I've made this before and it tastes incredible. I shred the cucumbers and use sour cream, but the taste is the same...Incredible and fresh. I love dill.