Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I think tea sandwiches are just so cute and elegant. The recipe for these came from a wonderful fund raiser party for the theater where I volunteer and used to be the box office manager. They were so pretty, elegant, and delicious. The servings will actually depend on how many shrimp you have to work with. From what I observed, people will pick up two at a time and possibly return for more.
Top Review by Starrynews
Great recipe! I used sour cream instead of the yogurt and a nice, light wheat bread. It was delicious and looked lovely. I also made a few without shrimp, for guests who could not eat them, and they also very much enjoyed them as cucumber tea sandwiches.
- 1⁄3 cup minced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup tub-style light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small shrimp or 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1 cucumber, sliced very thin
- 1 loaf bread, your choice (pumpernickel was the bread served at the party)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a bowl.
- Trim the crusts from the bread slices.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the bread slices and cut into 4 triangles until you reach the number of shrimp you have.
- Arrange shrimp on each bread triangle. Arrange the cucumber evenly over shrimp.
- Chill, covered until serving.