Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A great appetizer...from my collection of recipes.
Make and share this Cucumber Shrimp Spread recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb small shrimp, cooked,peeled and diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cucumber, peeled,seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients and mix well; serve with crackers.
- The Cucumber Shrimp Spread is a great appetizer.
- The cucumber adds freshness and crunch and works well with the cream cheese and shrimp.
The cucumber juice tended to separate from the dip despite my efforts to blot the chopped cucumber with paper towels before adding to recipe. (Used a seedless cucumber). I thought the taste was rather mild. I would substitute seafood sauce, the red kind with horseradish, for the ketchup if I make it again. Looked great though, especially with the cuke and shrimp garnish.
This was very nice. I think next time I'll add a little more Worcestersauce to bump up the salt level a bit. :)