1/4 Photos of Cucumber Shrimp Salad
I adopted this recipe and prepared it on August 23, 2006. I felt that it needed a boost of flavor and made some changes to the dressing (importantly to include the wasabi). The original poster found this in Sunset Magazine. The cucumbers become more flavorful the longer you soak them, but I would caution against marinating the shrimp for more than 20 minutes, as the texture will suffer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined, and tails removed (31-40 per pound)
- 2 English cucumbers, about 1 1/2 pounds total, rinsed
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon wasabi powder (to taste)
- 1/3 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- green onion, chopped (optional)
- 1Rinse and drain shrimp – blot dry with papertowels to remove excess water.
- 2Slice the cucumbers thinly.
- 3In a pretty bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and wasabi, then mix in the cucumbers and shrimp.
- 4Chill 20 minutes.
- 5Garnish with peanuts, parsley, and/or green onions just before serving.
Browse Our Top Japanese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber Shrimp Salad
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.1
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 60.2 mg
- Sodium 396.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: