Recipe by Mary in OR
This has been a family recipe for many years, and is a favorite of mine. Refreshing, I serve it year round. Cook time is the chill time.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 3 -5 drops green food coloring
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated
- 2 cucumbers, seeded and diced (1 is OK)
- 1⁄3 lb fresh cooked baby shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced fine optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Disolve jello in 1 cup boiling water, add lemon juice, salt and food coloring, set aside.
- Beat together the cream cheese, mayonnaise and grated onion until smooth.
- Mix this with the jello mixture and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the diced cucumbers, shrimp and celery.