Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very tasty and elegant appetizers.
- 4 cucumbers
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed and minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Cut 2 1/2 inches off both ends of the cucumber. Reserve.
- Peel middle sections, cut in half lengthwise, and use a spoon to scrape out seeds. Discard seeds.
- In a blender, puree the middle sections of the cucumbers along with the garlic, shallot, jalapeño, mint and lime juice.
- Strain through a fine strainer.
- Stir in oil and vinegar.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Take reserved cucumber ends and slice off bottom 1/4 inch so that they can stand solidly on their ends. Use a zester or pairing knife to create designs in the peel, then use a small melon baller to scoop out most of the cucumber, creating a cucumber shooter glass.
- Serve the chilled cucumber gazpacho in the shooter glasses.