1/2 Photos of Cucumber Sauce for Gyros
2 hrs 15 mins
Tom Collins's Note:
I tried different sauces but didn't find the taste I was looking for so I threw some stuff together and I was very happy with the results. If you try it and tweak it, let me know. I edited the recipe after reading the great suggestions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the cucumber into a colander and sprinkle with a little salt.
- 2Let rest for 10-15 minutes to allow extra juices to escape the cucumber.
- 3Gently squeeze the cucumber in a paper or cloth towel.
- 4Put everything a bowl and mix well (I don't rinse the cucumber).
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Refrigerate for a couple of hours prior to using (if you have time).
- 7A turn or two in the food processor would yield a nice smooth sauce.
- 8Good on anything, especially Gyros.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber Sauce for Gyros
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 62.1
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 81.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: