Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe while surfing dozens of cooking sites, and I can't remember which one it was! I think Allrecipes. This is a wonderful recipe for cucumber sandwiches, or if you dice the cucumber fine, it makes a fantastic dip!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 loaves French bread, cut into 1 inch slices
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1 pinch dried dill weed
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise and Italian dressing mix. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Spread the cream cheese blend onto slices of French bread. Top with a cucumber slice, and sprinkle with dill. You can make as many or few as you like. the cream cheese mixture keeps for about a week in the refrigerator so you can make them over and over again!
Hi Ducky, what a good filling this is, I couldn't find dried dressing mix so I made Italian Salad Dressing Mix and it worked well. I used sandwich bread as I wanted it to look like it was for a tea party. As you said this will work well as a dip very tasty. Made for an afternoon tea party 2010