Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are fantastic to bring to a get together, as they are inexpensive and tasty! Everyone always either requests we bring them, or makes them on their own. Super easy crowd pleaser!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) package vegetable soup mix
- 2 French baguettes, cut into thin slices
- 2 cucumbers, cut into thin slices
- Mix the vegetable soup mix into the softened cream cheese. Spread generously onto the french bread and top with cucumber slices. Arrange on a platter and serve. It does not get easier than that!
I was pleased with how wonderfully these easy sandwiches went over at the party I went to. I was looking for something I could assemble at the party - and these couldn't have been easier! Instead of making the cream cheese flavoured, I ended up purchasing flavoured cream cheeses - Roasted Red Pepper cream cheese and Herb & Garlic flavour! For a recipe so easy I almost felt guilty - they were fabulous! Thanks a lot!
I hadn't used cream cheese plus a soup mix for a very long time: used it decades ago (with some sour cream) to make an instant, easy and surprisingly tasty dip. I varied this recipe slightly for my 'My 3-Chefs' theme of 'sandwiches-to-take-to-work', and placed the cream cheese and cucumbers with a generous grinding of black pepper between two slices of crispy ciabatta. I also used French Onion Soup mix, as that's what I had on hand. I never buy vegetable soup mix as I prefer to use my own Recipe #135453 if I'm wanting vegetable soup. Made very tasty cucumber sandwiches, heez da chef! Thank you for sharing this recipe!