Recipe by Cyberchef
I got this recipe close to 20 yrs. ago from an aquaintance who was on Weight Watchers at the time. These are extremely easy to make and are great as an appetizer or a light snack. The measurements are listed only because they have to be. There really is no precise measuring required. I use the small square party cocktail rye bread. Not sure of the package weight so I guessed. Cook time is chill time.
Top Review by xtra napkins pleeeeease
very simple and yummy! i used celery salt instead of the seasoned salt and also used half mayo and half cream cheese. thank you for sharing, it was exactly what i was looking for :)
- 1 (16 ounce) rye cocktail bread, loaf
- 1⁄2 cup hellmans light mayonnaise
- 2 large cucumbers (do not peel)
- 2 tablespoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt (or your favorite brand)
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice the cucumbers approximately 1/8 inch thick or less. I usually use the larger slices first, to completely cover the bread.
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on each slice of rye bread. Top with a slice of cucumber.
- Lightly sprinkle each one with seasoned salt (be careful not to overdo it or they will be too salty), then just a dash of black pepper.
- May be eaten immediately if you prefer, however best if allowed to chill in the refrigerator before serving.