Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Creamy cucumber filling for sandwiches that is wonderful. The dill and garlic give it pizazz. This can also be used for an appetizer if used on the party rye bread.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (CAN ADD MORE IF NEEDED)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled seeded, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh dill weed or 1⁄4 dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Press the cucumber through a colander to remove excess moisture.
- Process cream cheese and mayonnaise in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Combine mixture, cucumber, dill and garlic salt chill until ready to use to allow flavors to blend.
Oh man, this makes the best cucumber sandwhich I have ever tasted. I've been wanting to find a good recipe since I had a cucumber sandwhich from this pastry shop. This recipe beats the other one hands down. I love the creaminess of the filling. The only thing I changed was that I shredded my cucumbers. I would highly recommend this recipe to anyone! From now on, I will make sure to have all these recipes on hand for when I get a craving for a cucumber sandwhich. Thanks for this awesome recipe!
What a fresh tasting vegetable sandwich filling. Really liked the dill/garlic kick. Made this for lunch but I bet it would go over really well in finger sanwiches at a luncheon or shower. Thanks for posting! You might want to change your serving size to 6 or 8 though. Zaar has the saturated fat at 279%!! The computer thinks a serving equals one cup.
This was really a great recipe ~ because in the summer I would take cucumber sandwich`s to work But my sandwich would become SOGGY this is perfect ! Love the dill & garlic ~ it makes it all that ! Took me longer to make it because I don`t have a food processer ~ so I use my hand mixer & use my hand grater for my cucumbers ! I gald Ifound you recipe just in time for the summer & al my cook outs ~ POKER~