Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I recently had the pleasure of visiting The Empress Hotel in Victoria, BC where they have a lovely tea room. This is one of the recipes used over the years at their Afternoon Tea.
- Spread the butter and mayonnaise on both slices of bread.
- Add thinly sliced cucumber to one slice of bread.
- Add seasoning to cucumbers.
- Top with the other slice of bread.
- Cut off crusts and slice into squares or triangles. Sandwiches should be small for finger foods.
- OPTIONAL: Add horseradish to the mayonnaise to give the sandwich a bit of a bite.
This made just the *best* lunch today with a little salad. Loved the little "zip" the horseradish added. :) I used mini seedless cucumbers, and left the skin on for colour. I've never been able to figure out how eating a cucumber sandwich can be done daintly. Slices keep trying to escape from between the bread. Ahhhhh, another of lifes great mysteries. :) Thanks for sharing this delighful recipe.