Recipe by carolanne
Cold appetitizer, zesty and crunchy. Recipe came from a dear English friend who brought it to potlucks.
Top Review by Darlene Summers
Carolanne, I made these to take to my ladies church luncheon,and they were a big hit,not one was left,I loved them too.I don't care for lunch meat,but love veggie sandwiches,like radish sandwiches,and onion,and cucumbers.also cold spaghetti sandwiches (Iknow,Weird), but anyway,thank you for the great recipe. Darlene
- 1 package Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 package good season Italian salad dressing mix
- 2 american cucumbers or 1 English cucumber
- 1 loaf pepperidge farm rye cocktail bread or 1 loaf pumpernickel cocktail bread
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika or 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg (to your preference)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream Philadelphia cream cheese with package of Good Season's Italian dressing.
- Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Cut cucumber into very thin slides.
- Spread onto cocktail bread.
- Place cucumber slices on top, and garnish with spice of choice.
- Refrigerate on wax paper to separate.
- Nice presentation circles on squares.